Closing date 30/05/2021
Pearl Magic Prime is a General Entertainment Channel on DSTV Channel 148, available on Compact , Compact Plus and Premium bouquets.
The Channel targets middle to up -market Ugandans aged between 18-45 years.
Pearl Magic Prime is committed to visual storytelling that communicates an authentic and relatable Ugandan experience. Its programming is community and family oriented. It is aspirational in a realistic and achievable way.
The language used on the Channel is Luganda and Authentic Uganda English
Pearl Magic Prime is seeking to Commission an authentic Ugandan Family reality/lifestyle show (26x45min) targeting Ugandan middle class families. It should be original, authentic, simple, light hearted, unique, relevant and sensitive to Ugandan cultural and societal norms.
BRIEF TITLE: Reality/ Lifestyle show
CHANNEL: Pearl Magic Prime
TARGET AUDIENCE: Family
SERIES: 26x45 min
LANGUAGE: Luganda ( 60% , Authentic Uganda English 40%)
.Original concepts should be unique, reflective of our audience’s daily lives and experiences while taking an exciting new angle with well plotted storylines and rounded characters. Concepts should be over-arching. The tone should be edgy, gripping and entertaining. The story-lines and pace must have nail-biting tension that will keep the audience glued to the TV screen.
Language split 60% Luganda , 40% Authentic Ugandan English
2. Proposal Requirements:
• A Pilot Episode
• Full Budget (with all Production Line items included)
• Show-reel of previous content produced (please include dates and broadcasting station,)
• List of previous productions you have participated in and your role in those productions.
• Names of 3 previous clients as referees.
3. Submission process
All pilots must be uploaded on the link below
Please note that no submissions emailed or dropped at our office will be accepted.
Technical and editorial standards required by Pearl Magic Prime will be set out in the production agreement.
Pearl Magic Prime will have the final editorial and creative control over all aspects of Commissioned Programming.
N.B: failure to submit any of the above documents will lead to disqualification
4. Evaluation/selection process
1. Receipt of proposals will be acknowledged by email notification
2. Proposals will then be evaluated by a panel of Judges selected by Channel Management
3. Pitching sessions for shortlisted proposals.
4. Selection and notification of winning proposal
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 30th May 2021