Closing date 30/06/2021
Maisha Magic East is a General Entertainment Channel on DSTV Channel 158 Family & Access bouquets and GoTV Channel 4 .
The Channel targets lower middle to middle class Pay TV audiences aged between 18-45 years.
Maisha Magic East is committed to visual storytelling that communicates an authentic and relatable Kenyan experience. Its programming is community and family oriented. It is aspirational in a realistic and achievable way.
The language used on the Channel is Kenyan Kiswahili.
Maisha Magic East is seeking to Commission two authentic Kenyan Comedies (52x 26min) targeting Kenyan middle-class families. The comedies should be original, authentic, simple, light hearted, unique, relevant and sensitive to Kenyan cultural and societal norms.
1. The brief
BRIEF TITLE: Kenyan Comedies
CHANNEL: Maisha Magic Plus
TARGET AUDIENCE: Family
SERIES: 52 x 26 min
Original concepts should be unique, reflective of our audience’s daily lives and experiences while taking an exciting new angle with well plotted storylines and rounded characters. Concepts should be over-arching or stand-alone episodes. The tone should be edgy, gripping fun and entertaining. The story-lines and pace must have nail-biting tension that will keep the audience glued to the TV screen.
2. Proposal Requirements:
• A Pilot Episode
• Full Budget (with all Production Line items included)
• Show-reel of previous content produced (please include dates and broadcasting station,)
• List of previous productions you have participated in and your role in those productions.
• Names of 3 previous clients as referees.
3. Submission process
All pilots must be uploaded on the link below
Please note that no submissions emailed or dropped at our office will be accepted.
Technical and editorial standards required by Maisha Magic East will be set out in the production agreement.
Maisha Magic East will have the final editorial and creative control over all aspects of Commissioned Programming.
N.B: failure to submit any of the above documents will lead to disqualification
4. Evaluation/selection process
1. Receipt of proposals will be acknowledged by email notification
2. Proposals will then be evaluated by a panel of Judges selected by Channel Management
3. Pitching sessions for shortlisted proposals.
4. Selection and notification of winning proposal
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 30th June 2021